Friday, February 12, 2010

Lined Pants--McCall's 5889 (see link below)

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5889-products-10126.php?page_id=114&search_control=display&list=search
































Pattern Description: Misses'/Miss Petite Pants In 4 Lengths (View D)





Pattern Sizing: LG/XLG
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes
Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very easy....
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I really like the different lengths and the bagginess through the hips and the slender fit at the ankles. There is a front placket that is a nice addition to the pants (achieving this was easier than I expected). This gives it an illusion that there is a zipper there. In addition, the waistband has both elastic and a drawstring (which I love); however, getting the drawstring into the casing after the elastic was a little bit cumbersome. Fabric Used: White Poly Shantung/White Poly lining, better known as Posh.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: The pattern does not require lining; however, I opted to line pants. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I added pockets to pants. This was a nice addition.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I would sew it again. This time without lining. Maybe a different/more casual fabric choice. Maybe a different view.....

Conclusion: The pants are really stylish and versatile. I recommend this pant for anyone looking for a nice wardrobe pant. This can be worn with a blazer, top, t-shirt (for a more casual look), etc. I will post picture soon.

No comments: